We’ve experienced a rapid shift to remote working, with 69% of full-time workers in the U.S. working from home during the COVID-19 pandemic.* Data also suggests that remote working may be here to stay as employers and employees are seeing the positives of remote work arrangements.
Working from home provides flexibility for navigating the challenges facing businesses and employees today. Using the right tools can help you create a more connected and efficient workflow, which is essential when managing an increasingly remote workforce. Success hinges on the quick adoption of technology tools and investment in training to help employees work effectively in virtual settings.
Remote work essentials
Here’s a list of mobile apps and tools to help employees stay on track with communication and collaboration while working from home. Some of these tools have free versions that include access to basic features with the option for more robust plans when you pay a monthly subscription fee.
1. Asana is a project management tool that provides a platform for organizing work, schedules, files and tasks all in one place.
2. Dropbox is a cloud-based platform for securely storing and sharing files among team members, clients and vendors.
3. Google Drive provides a secure hub for creating, accessing and sharing files. Google Drive syncs with each employee’s local drive to help ensure they’re working on the most up-to-date files, whether they’re in the office or working from home.
4. Slack helps streamline team communication with instant group or private chats, direct messaging and file sharing.
5. Tandem creates a virtual office with the opportunity to collaborate in the app using a shared cursor and other features, while also integrating with your existing tools.
6. Timezone.io is an app that provides an at-a-glance view of the local time for team members in different time zones across the world.
7. Trello allows you to track your team’s workflow, assign tasks and due dates, tag team members and share documents and images needed to complete a project.
8. Zoom is a highly popular videoconferencing app that allows you to stream audio and video and share your screen.
Manage your finances remotely
United Community Bank’s Treasury Management Services help you manage your finances from anywhere and include information reporting, accounts receivable, accounts payable, merchant services and many other features. Learn more by visiting Treasury Management Services.
* Source: Owl Labs 2020 State of Remote Work Report