If you’re looking for a card, but don’t know which type is right for you, look no further. Here’s a quick guide on the benefits of debit cards and credit cards that can help you determine which works best for your needs. Once you’ve decided on a card, browse your available options with United Community Bank.
Manage your Budget
- Use your monthly card statement as a master receipt for purchases while tracking your monthly spending.
- A high credit score helps you obtain lower interest rates on loans. Using your card regularly and responsibly can demonstrate credit worthiness and help you build a better score.
Hang on to Your Money Longer
- Although credit cards do charge interest, there is a period to pay off your balance without incurring interest charges1. These interest-free periods typically range between 20-30 days.
Use It and Be Rewarded
- Depending on your card, you can earn cash back, travel rewards and more. Product warranties are extended to qualifying items purchased with your card.
Peace of Mind
- Your United Community Bank Credit Card is ideal for emergencies. If your card is lost or stolen, you can report it any time. Most credit cards offer Zero-Liability Fraud Protection3.
Works Just Like Cash
- Purchases are deducted automatically from your checking account.
- If your card is lost or stolen, you can report it anytime. Your card includes Zero-Liability Fraud Protection2 and 24-hour fraud monitoring protection. Your debit card includes 3D Secure authentication for participating online merchant purchases for extra protection.
- Debit cards have no annual fees or interest charges. Using your debit card for day-to-day purchases and to pay bills eliminates checks.
- With Online and Mobile Banking, you can track your debit card transactions, add alerts to monitor purchases as they happen and view your transaction history within your monthly account statement.
Learn More About Our
Debit Cards Credit Cards
1 For purchases only, and the account must have a zero balance.
2 Certain restrictions apply. For details, visit mastercard.com/zeroliability.
3 Certain restrictions apply. For details, visit usa.visa.com/pay-with-visa/visa-chip-technology-consumers/zero-liability-policy.html.