There’s nothing small about starting a small business. From formulating a business plan to developing a financial path, the right planning can help you make big strides toward your goals. Once you build your team, draw your plans and secure financing, you’ll be well on your way to opening the doors to your first customers.
Starting a Business
- Your mind is set on entrepreneurship and you're ready for the next steps. Before your journey begins, it's important to build a support system of trusted mentors who will guide you through the many critical decisions you’ll need to make to set your business up for success. Your mentors should be experienced, successful and willing to share advice and guidance to help your business succeed.
Creating Your Business Plan
- Every house needs a blueprint. Every meal needs a recipe. Every small business needs a business plan. Your business plan is a document that’s a golden ticket to your business’ growth and your ability to secure the loans you need. The most important piece of your business plan is the executive summary. This is where you describe your business’ mission and provide specific information about its history, employees and location. Outlining your company's financial growth with graphs and charts will provide important information to potential investors and lenders. You'll also include details about your products and services while outlining your future plans. All this information should be condensed into a single page that is easy to review.
- If your company is a startup or relatively new, you won't have the same amount of information as an established entity. Simply adjust your executive summary to include details about your experience and background, as well as any detailed business information you can provide that applies to an established company.
Financing Your Small Business
- Your small business needs a financing plan. You can bank with confidence knowing United Community Bank is a Small Business Administration (SBA) Approved Lender. Whether outlining your current or future funding requirements for a loan or charting how you will use the funds for working capital, debt payments or acquisition, we are here for you.
- We are ready to help you succeed and can offer the guidance you need when you need it. We offer multiple feature-rich business checking accounts for daily money management of your small business.
Are You Ready? Contact Us