“It’s part of our mission to help make the world a better place and our team is embracing the opportunity to recognize the heroes in our own communities. We are proud to participate in this National Day of Service that is inspired by the unified community response to 9/11 more than 20 years ago,” said John W. Chastain, Jr., President of Blue Ridge, Ga. and Co-Chair for the company’s Together for Good Council, a volunteer group of employees that encourage community service throughout the bank and has led the coordinated service efforts.
For the second year in a row, United Community Bank employees are encouraged to organize acts of service within their communities or participate in projects led by the Together for Good Council. In addition to the acts of service, the United Community Bank Foundation will be making a total of $25,000 in donations to local organizations that support first responders.
Local activities and donations are driven by team members across the bank’s service area and include:
- Donating to the Central Florida Chapter of the Gary Sinise Foundation, the Sherriff’s Foundation of Broward County Fallen Hero’s Fund, South Florida Rehab and Emergency Support Team and the Gold Shield Foundation.
- Delivering lunch or goodies to fire stations in Orlando and Tampa, Fla.
- Delivering a basket for a K-9 officer in Ponte Vedra, Fla.
- Donating to TRED (Trails for Recreation and Economic Development of Rome/Floyd), Georgia Firefighters Burn Foundation, Blairsville Shop with a Cop, Cobb County Public Safety Foundation, Glynn County Volunteer Firefighters, and Hall County Law Enforcement Foundation Fund
- Hosting lunch for first responders in Blue Ridge and Blairsville, Ga.
- Delivering lunch and goodies to police and fire departments in Pickens County, Glynn County and Brunswick County, Ga.
- Donating to the Qualla Volunteer Fire & Rescue Department, Swain County Rescue Squad and STAND T.A.L.L.
- Celebrating the kickoff of the UCB First Responders Scholarship in Clayton, N.C. This fund provides scholarships to help defray the cost barriers associated with further training and certification courses for Clayton Police, Fire and Johnston County EMS first responders. UCB expects to fund the first scholarships in early 2023.
- Donating to the National Fallen Firefighters Greenville City /11 Memorial Stair Climb, Low Country Firefighter Support Teamand Deputy Roger Rice Ride-On Fund.
- Delivering snacks, gift baskets and breakfast to first responders around Laurens and Greenwood County, S.C.
- Team participation in the National Fallen Firefighters 9/11 Memorial Stair Climb in Greenville, S.C.
- Donating to the East Roane County Fire Department, the Officer Moats Foundation, Hickman County Rescue Squad and the 303 Project.
- Stocking kitchens for four local fire stations in Knoxville and Loudon County, Tenn.
- Hosting lunch for servicemen and women in Alcoa County, Tenn.
About United Community Banks, Inc.
United Community Banks, Inc. (NASDAQGS: UCBI) provides a full range of banking, wealth management and mortgage services for relationship-oriented consumers and business owners. The company, known as “The Bank That SERVICE Built,” has been recognized nationally for delivering award-winning service. United has $18.9 billion in assets and 162 offices in Florida, Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina and Tennessee along with a national SBA lending franchise and a national equipment lending subsidiary. In 2021, J.D. Power ranked United highest in customer satisfaction with retail banking in the Southeast, marking seven out of the last eight years United earned the coveted award. United was also named one of the "Best Banks to Work For" by American Banker in 2020 for the fourth year in a row based on employee satisfaction. Forbes included United in its inaugural list of the World’s Best Banks in 2019 and again in 2020. Forbes also recognized United on its 2021 list of the 100 Best Banks in America for the eighth consecutive year. United also received five Greenwich Excellence Awards in 2020 for excellence in Small Business Banking, including a national award for Overall Satisfaction. Additional information about United can be found at www.ucbi.com.