“When we asked our employees what causes are important to them, animal welfare was among the very top. We’re proud to celebrate World Animal Day by partnering with organizations that raise awareness to improve the lives of all animals – whether they are domesticated, wild or endangered,” said Moryah Jackson, VP of Community Development and Engagement at United.
For the second year in a row, United Community Bank employees are encouraged to organize acts of service within their communities or participate in projects led by the Together for Good Council, a volunteer group of employees that encourage community service throughout the bank and leads the coordinated service efforts. In addition to the acts of service, the United Community Bank Foundation will be making a total of $25,000 in donations to local organizations that support animal welfare, including local humane societies, animal rescues or sanctuaries.
Local activities and donations are selected by team members across the bank’s service area and include:
- Donating to the Quantum Leap Farm and Chase Sanctuary
- Complete a volunteer project with Chase Sanctuary, an organization that brings the community and the primate/exotic preservation mission together in a way that enhances lives.
- Donating to The Humane Society’s Mountain Shelter, Cast Away Critters Pet Rescue, Charles Smithgall Humane Society, Fur Kids, Humane Society of South Coastal Georgia and Etowah Valley Humane Society
- Volunteering at and hosting a supply drive for the Humane Society of South Coastal Georgia in partnership with United’s local Junior Board.
- Hosting a pet supply collection drive for Etowah Valley Humane Society.
- Donating to Advocates for Animals of WNC, Cat Ranch Rescue, Double OO Farm, Labor of Love Transportation and Black Dog Club.
- Hosting a collection drive for the Cherokee Dog Sanctuary.
- Donating to the Carolina Loving Hound Rescue, Spartanburg Humane Society, Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue, Animal Allies Spay and Neuter Clinic, Charleston Animal Society, Big Oaks Rescue Farm, Greenville Humane Society and the Humane Society for Prevention of Animal Cruelty.
- Hosting an animal food and supply drive for Greenville County Animal Care.
- Volunteering at the Charleston Animal Society.
- Holding a collection drive for Dorchester Paws animal shelter.
- Collecting funds for Service Dogs for Veterans in Laurens and Greenwood counties.
- Donating to the Old Friends Senior Dogs Sanctuary, Proverbs 12:10 Animal Rescue, Snooty Giggles Dog Rescue, Friends of Williamson County Animal Shelter, Shelter Friends of Hickman County, Jesse C Beesley Animal Humane Foundation, Monroe County Friends of Animals, Blount County Humane Society and Maryville Alcoa Animal Rescue Center
- Hosting an animal food and supply drive for local animal shelters in Middle Tennessee.
- Collecting pet food to donate to the Humane Society of the Tennessee Valley.
About United Community Banks, Inc.
United Community Banks, Inc. (NASDAQGS: UCBI) provides a full range of banking, wealth management and mortgage services for relationship-oriented consumers and business owners. As of June 30, 2022, United had $24.2 billion in assets and 195 offices in Florida, Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Tennessee, along with a national SBA lending franchise and a national equipment lending subsidiary. The company, known as “The Bank That SERVICE Built,” has been recognized nationally for delivering award-winning service. In 2022, J.D. Power ranked United highest in customer satisfaction with consumer banking in the Southeast, marking eight out of the last nine years United earned the coveted award. Forbes recognized United as one of the top ten World’s Best Banks in 2022. Forbes also included United on its 2022 list of the 100 Best Banks in America for the ninth consecutive year. United also received ten Greenwich Excellence Awards in 2021 for excellence in Small Business Banking and Middle Market Banking, including national awards for Overall Satisfaction and Likelihood to Recommend. United was also named one of the "Best Banks to Work For" by American Banker in 2021 for the fifth consecutive year based on employee satisfaction. Additional information about United can be found at www.ucbi.com.