United Community Bank Foundation to Partner with Habitat for Humanity Across its Footprint
June 16, 2022
– June 16, 2022 – In celebration of American Housing Month, the United Community Bank Foundation is proud to announce a new partnership with Habitat for Humanity affiliates across its footprint that will both support the cost of local builds and provide local United Community Bank team members with the opportunity to volunteer on a build in their area. The Foundation will kick off this partnership with a build in Wake County, North Carolina on July 1 and in Atlanta, Georgia on July 23. Other United builds are planned for South Carolina, Tennessee and Florida this fall, for seven homes in 2022.
“Supporting housing strategies and the path to affordable homeownership is a core pillar of the United Community Bank Foundation,” said Moryah Jackson, VP of Community Development and Engagement. “Our team is passionate about investing in our communities and helping our customers reach their housing goals from a lending perspective. Partnering with Habitat for Humanity lets us go one step further and directly contribute toward families’ homeownership dream in our own communities.”
United Community Bank plans to partner with these local affiliates in 2022:
- Habitat for Humanity of Wake County (North Carolina)
- Habitat for Humanity of NW Metro Atlanta (Georgia)
- Central SC Habitat for Humanity (South Carolina)
- Habitat for Humanity of Greenville County (South Carolina)
- Habitat for Humanity of Greater Nashville (Tennessee)
- Habitat for Humanity Broward County (Florida)
- Habitat for Humanity Greater Orlando and Osceola County (Florida)
United bankers are also collaborating with their local Habitat affiliates to share their financial expertise to help the new homeowners achieve stability, independence and financial goals. American Housing Month
is celebrated by the American Bankers Association and the ABA Foundation to highlight banks’ commitment to helping everyone reach their housing goals.
About United Community Banks, Inc.
United Community Banks, Inc. (NASDAQGS: UCBI) provides a full range of banking, wealth management and mortgage services for relationship-oriented consumers and business owners. The company, known as “The Bank That SERVICE Built,” has been recognized nationally for delivering award-winning service. At March 31, 2022, United had $24.4 billion in assets and 198 offices in Florida, Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina and Tennessee, along with a national SBA lending franchise and a national equipment lending subsidiary. In 2022, J.D. Power ranked United highest in customer satisfaction with consumer banking in the Southeast, marking eight out of the last nine years United earned the coveted award. United was also named one of the "Best Banks to Work For" by American Banker in 2021 for the fifth consecutive year based on employee satisfaction. Forbes recognized United as one of the top ten World’s Best Banks in 2022. Forbes also included United on its 2022 list of the 100 Best Banks in America for the ninth consecutive year. United also received ten (10) Greenwich Excellence Awards in 2021 for excellence in Small Business Banking and Middle Market Banking, including national awards for Overall Satisfaction and Likelihood to Recommend. Additional information about United can be found at www.ucbi.com