“The Leadership Academy provides a framework for United Community Bank to develop high performing teams,” said Moryah Jackson, Vice President of Community Development and Engagement. “Exceptional service starts with exceptional people, who play to win together as a team. We are committed to providing professional development opportunities that enhance our bankers leadership skills.”
The bankers selected from the United Community Bank footprint are:
- Tim Ash, President (Cornelia, Ga.)
- Megan Ballew, ATM Operations, Support and Implementation Manager (Blairsville, Ga.)
- Amanda Brandon, Senior Portfolio Manager (Raleigh, N.C.)
- Liza Brethouwer, Director of Retail Product Management (Greenville, S.C.)
- Justin Cruice, Senior Project Manager (Greenville, S.C.)
- Kathryn Diego, Portfolio Specialist (Orlando, Fla.)
- Joey Farmer, Mortgage Pipeline and Hedging Manager (Greenville, S.C.)
- Brian Goff, Director of Portfolio Management (Waynesville, N.C.)
- Nancy Goldman, Commercial Loan Review Officer (Marietta, Ga.)
- Lauren Keisler, Financial Reporting Manager (Greenville, S.C.)
- Bridget Lemelle-Phillips, Regulatory Counsel (Orlando, Fla.)
- Jeff Makofski, SBA Underwriting & Construction Manager, (Birmingham, Ala.)
- Thomas McTier, Commercial Lending Division Manager (Charlotte, N.C.)
- Patrick Mizzell, SBA Regional Executive (Denver, N.C.)
- Carolyn Nelson, BSA Officer (Laurens, S.C.)
- Christian Ngo, Commercial Relationship Manager (Atlanta, Ga.)
- Kim Ruper, Mortgage Controller (Blairsville, Ga.)
The sixth-year class includes United employees nominated by senior management throughout the Bank’s footprint. While in the program, members will participate in key meetings and leadership roundtables with United’s executive management, complete a community impact project, and earn Clemson University’s Mini MBA certificate through their Center for Corporate Learning. The monthly sessions will span for eight months with a graduation upon completion. Over sixty bankers have completed the program since it was launched in 2016.
About United Community Banks, Inc.
United Community Banks, Inc. (NASDAQGS: UCBI) provides a full range of banking, wealth management and mortgage services for relationship-oriented consumers and business owners. The company, known as “The Bank That SERVICE Built,” has been recognized nationally for delivering award-winning service. At March 31, 2022, United had $24.4 billion in assets and 198 offices in Florida, Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina and Tennessee, along with a national SBA lending franchise and a national equipment lending subsidiary. In 2022, J.D. Power ranked United highest in customer satisfaction with consumer banking in the Southeast, marking eight out of the last nine years United earned the coveted award. United was also named one of the "Best Banks to Work For" by American Banker in 2021 for the fifth consecutive year based on employee satisfaction. Forbes recognized United as one of the top ten World’s Best Banks in 2022. Forbes also included United on its 2022 list of the 100 Best Banks in America for the ninth consecutive year. United also received ten (10) Greenwich Excellence Awards in 2021 for excellence in Small Business Banking and Middle Market Banking, including national awards for Overall Satisfaction and Likelihood to Recommend. Additional information about United can be found at www.ucbi.com.